Sunday, March 15, 2009

Poems by Susan Polis Schutz

1. I Love You More than "Love"

It is impossible to capture in words
the feelings I have for you
They are the strongest feelings that I
have ever had about anything
yet when I try to tell you them
or try to write them to you
the words do not even begin to touch
the depths of my feelings
And though I cannot explain the essence of
these phenomenal feelings
I can tell you what I feel like when I am with you
When I am with you it is as if
I were a bird
flying freely in the clear blue sky
When I am with you it is as if
I were a flower
opening up my petals of life
When I am with you it is as if
I were the waves of the ocean
crashing strongly against the shore ...

When I am with you it is as if
I were the rainbow after the storm
proudly showing my colors
When I am with you it is as if
everything that is beautiful
surrounds us
This is just a very small part of how wonderful
I feel when I am with you
Maybe the word "love" was invented to explain
the deep, all-encompassing feelings
that I have for you
but somehow it is not strong enough
But since it is the best word that there is
let me tell you a thousand times that
I love you more than
"love".

2. I Love You

I can not promise you that I will not change
I can not promise you that I will not have many different moods
I cannot promise you that I will not hurt your feelings sometimes
I can not promise you that I will not be erratic
I can not promise you that I will always be strong
I can not promise you that my faults will not show

But -
I do promise you that I will always be supportive of you
I do promise you that I will share all my thoughts and feelings with you
I do promise you that I will give you freedom to be yourself
I do promise you that I will understand everything that you do
I do promise you that I will be completely honest with you
I do promise you that I will laugh and cry with you
I do promise you that I will help you achieve all your goals

But - most of all I do promise you that I love you

Susan Polis Schutz

Quote: “This life is yours. Take the power to choose what you want to do and do it well. Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly. Take the power to walk in the forest and be a part of nature. Take the power to control your own life. No one else can do it for you. Take the power to make your life happy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment